Coaching & Mentoring Doctors
The service I provide offers coaching for doctors to help them to develop, to improve and to feel good about themselves and their work.
It is important to me to make a valuable contribution to society and I choose to do this by working with doctors, who have a direct impact on the health and wellbeing of others. My work gives me great satisfaction — and gives my clients great results.
A National Health Service background
Prior to working as a coach, I held various positions in the NHS. These ranged from Head of Communications to Organisational Development Lead. I also held independent contracts with clients such as the Department of Health and NHS East Midlands. This experience gave me an in-depth understanding of how the health service is administered and how its people operate.
A qualified and experienced coach
I hold a Diploma in Professional Coach-mentoring (Oxford Coach Mentoring School) and am a member of the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC). I use a range of tools with my clients to support their learning and self-development.Through these tools I am qualified to administrate:
- Myers Briggs Step I and II assessment tools (OPP)
- Fundamental Interpersonal Relations Orientation – FIRO -B and Business assessment tools (OPP)
- Time to Think (Thinking Partnerships — Nancy Kline)
- Emotional Intelligence INDIVIDUALS & TEAMS diagnostic (JCA Occupational Psychologists)
- Quick Type personality questionnaire (JCA Occupational Psychologists)
- Thomas-Kilmann conflict mode Instrument – TKI (OPP)
- Type Dynamics Indicator – TDI (Team Focus)
- Learning Styles Indicator – LSI (Team Focus)
- Management Team Roles indicator – MTRi (Team Focus)
I am also part of the network of coaches for the Faculty of Medical Leadership and Management. Click Here for more.
For more information, and to find out how I could help you, please contact me.
One of the biggest learning points for me was that I was not an extrovert as I had believed for six years, but an introvert. I remember feeling as though Alexis had provided me with my real birth certificate – that so much about the way I work and feel suddenly started to make sense. This too helped me to better understand others around me, and become more open to different working styles and personality types” Medical Educator.
The insights from Myers-Briggs into my own style and how this may interact with others was really useful and not something I expected to gain when beginning coaching. Secondary Care Doctor.